An essential resource is the Elder Law Q&A: An Introduction to Aging Issues and Planning for the Future. The 20th edition is a publication of the Westchester Public Private Partnership for Aging Services.
The full text of the latest edition in English is available here.
The Spanish-language version is here.
Topics addressed include:
- Elder Law and Elder Lawyers – The Basics
- Health Care Planning
- Future Care Planning – Managing Finances and Assets
- Powers of Attorney
- Living or Inter Vivos Trusts
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Preservation of Assets/Medicaid Planning
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) vs. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Elder Abuse